Frequently Asked Questions
Please add your questions below - We have started this list with some previous questions:
- What's the dress code? Please wear whatever you feel comfortable in. Casual clothes - jeans and sweatshirts should be fine but dressing up is OK too.
- What's the weather like? Not applicable yet!
- Will I need to bring extra money with me? Tiszafüred is a mid-size town close to the Great Plane. The local shops offer jewelry, crafts, souvenirs, clothing, etc. of Hungarian folk art, so you will need money for those as well as for food.
- Will there be an on-site bar? Yes, the hotel has an on-site bar open till late evening (10pm). Alcohol is permitted on site if purchased in the bar, but please do not bring your own supply in public areas (restaurant, bar, conference rooms). As an option we can visit any of the other local bars within a bit of a walk or an easy drive. You'll need money for this too.
- Do I need to bring anything special with me? We encourage you to bring your personal facilitation artifacts and resources such as books, articles, and facilitation aids for our Resource Table and favorite supplies to share. However, nothing extra is required.
- Can I propose topics for discussion? Yes - please bring your topics to the gathering and you can begin to share your ideas on the 2014_topic_incubator.
- May I attend for one, two or three days? No. We are a relatively small group, and we need everyone to attend for the whole time, from the opening on Monday through the closing on Friday. In the past, we've allowed some people to attend for only part of the time, it didn't work. Each part of this event builds on what has happened earlier, and we've discovered we all benefit when we make the whole journey together. It can be a hardship for individuals, and it's better for the group as a whole. Also, since the Gathering is limited in size, each person who might attend only part of the time would keep someone who could come full time from participating.
- Is there wireless internet access on-site? Yes, there is Wifi in the public areas and they assure us it will cover a group of our size. In the rooms you can connect via a LAN cable. Ask for a cable at the reception or bring your own with you.
back to gathering_2014
2014_faq.txt · Last modified: 2018/10/27 07:58 by 127.0.0.1